LNH/Meta: Reboot Redux

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:57:29 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:00:00 PM UTC+1, Tom Russell wrote:
> I think Dave and Rob have the right of it; if there is to be a reboot,
> it'd be an opportune time to clean the slate of iffy IP rights.  It's
> a point of respect.

Even though it's not my preference, I'm ok with that if that's the consensus, but there are two things I'm not interested in:

1: everyone brings their own toys and does their own thing, interacting only nominally and in events. As I said, if I'm doing my own thing, I have other venues for that. And I know that's the case for other people here (Tom included).

2: 10 years from now some of us aren't around and new writers are afraid of using our characters because they don't have signed, authenticated permission from us.

So if it's our characters and concepts only, I'd like to propose another rule on top of that: if you bring it into this new universe, you consent on other people writing it. If you have concepts you want to keep creative control over, don't use this imprint; there are plenty others, including classic LNH.

Let's create something that will be a permanent cascade.

-- Lalo “occasionally radical” Martins