LNH/Meta: Reboot Redux

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 00:43:36 PDT 2011

So, is this still going? Anyone still aboard?

I think this is one important decision without which we can't proceed: are we limiting ourselves to our own characters, or our own + “public domain”, or anything that's not reserved is game? I do understand the point of view of respecting authors' original designs for the characters, but I'm also to some extent with Martin that it's just not the LNH if it's mostly new characters, and I think unreserved is unreserved.

In fact, I'd prefer *not* to write my own characters, to dive a little more in the shared playground thing and shake things up a bit. I have other venues where I write my own characters, and sometimes I even get paid for it. I think in my history with RACC I created way too many characters (which was fun, but a missed opportunity) mostly because I was insecure using other people's. Bandwagon Chick and Cannon Fodder have interesting character arcs in 58.5 and that was a rewarding experience; I'm only interested in returning to RACC if there's going to be more inter-writer and inter-title inter-action, and of course at the rate people are jumping this boat there might not be enough writers left for that to happen.

-- Lalo “WTF guys you're taking this way too seriously” Martins