[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #9

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:51:31 PDT 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2011 21:35:59 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:
>
>> An alien scientist is in 1985. He gets into the skull and, in a flash of
>> light, is in 1955.  In this example, the pilot activates the machine and
>> the machine travels through time, as with Marty's Delorean. However,
>> instead of the machine taking the INTERIOR with it, it takes the
>> EXTERIOR.  Everything OUTSIDE the skull stays relative to the time
>> machine, so the ENTIRE UNIVERSE travels with it. Everything INSIDE the
>> skull changes to the past of 1955.
>>
>> Unfortunately for our scientist, he wasn't standing in the machine in
>> 1955. Just like the Libyans OUTSIDE the Delorean, who "disappear"
>> because the were not in 1955 when Marty appears there, our scientist
>> INSIDE the skull "disappeared" because he was not in 1955 when the
>> UNIVERSE appears there.
>
> ...so where does he end up?

Ah, I think I know what you're asking... if the skull disappears, taking
the *entirety* of the universe with it, from the point of view of our
hapless alien scientist/pilot, where exactly does he go?

I have absolutely no idea :P He'd be completely outside his known
universe, outside space and time as he'd know it. Does he just cease to
be? Or slip into some other "next door" universe?

Tell you what... next issue (number 10, which will be a week late,
unfortunately), I'll throw someone into it and watch to see if he pops
up in some other RACC imprint ;P

Wil Alambre, follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/wilalambre