SW10/HCC: Lateran Speaks

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri May 20 23:05:10 PDT 2011

WORLD JOURNAL MONTHLY
May 21, 2011

LATERAN SPEAKS!
*Another* Exclusive Interview with the Master Villain - On the Day of the
Rapture!

Correspondent:  Noelle LaRue

---

The World Journal Monthly has interviewed Monseigneur Philippe St. Joseph
Lateran before.  We are the only news medium in the world which has done
this.  Extracts from the original interview are at
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2004/journal_mar.htm#lateran .

Mr. Lateran was captured in Massachusetts last December.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/cauldron11.htm)  He has been awaiting
trial, under house arrest in a Catholic retreat house run by the Sisters of
St. Joseph in the country town of Uxbridge.  The trial will start next
Monday.  On the Friday before, one of the Sisters called the World Journal
Monthly and arranged for an interview on Saturday morning.

Mr. Lateran insisted this interview be conducted in French.  I've
translated.

---

WJM:  Thank you for talking with our magazine again, Monseigneur Lateran.

Lateran:  I suppose it is my duty.

WJM:  Can you tell us about your duty?

Lateran:  My entire duty now is to say, I told you so.  Your unholy society
is falling.  My prayers are answered.

WJM:  Is this not your society also?

Lateran:  Like any true Christian, I am in the world but not of it.

WJM:  May you elaborate?

Lateran:  Your readership can read of this world's catastrophe for
themselves.  I aspire for a better world.

WJM:  Many people work to make *this* a better world.  Why do you not?

Lateran:  *Naturally* I do.  I concentrate upon wayward women.  I must
admit, my own sister is one such.  After great ministry to her, I brought
her into the fold of Mother Church.  I was then inspired to extend my
ministry to other women.

WJM:  Thank you for the segue...  You've been connected with many women in
your career.  Can you comment of a housekeeper who claims she had your
child?

Lateran:  She is one such wayward woman.  Her son could have come from
anywhere.  I helped her raise him, naturally.  That is what the head of
household does.  So he has the right to call me Father.  Other than that, I
have no comment.

WJM:  No comment on the right of "droit du seigneur", of the head of
household over all women in his house?

Lateran:  That thus-called right is a slander against medieval lords.  There
is no evidence that any lord used it.

WJM:  Did you?

Lateran:  Naturally I will not answer such intimate questions about my
personal life.

WJM:  What of the woman you abducted to your compound last December?

Lateran:  I?  No!  Dear friends of mine had encountered a wayward woman who
obviously needed deprogramming from the wicked ways of this world.  I
admitted her as my junior housekeeper.

WJM:  How well did she work with you?

Lateran:  I had that woman in my house for not even one day, before enemies
attacked me.  She was a hell-creature.  I left her in the care of the
Sisters of St. Joseph.

WJM:  These enemies of yours exposed you to serious legal charges.  What of
those?

Lateran:  Naturally you know I am scheduled to answer your world's charges
on Monday.  I now say, those charges are irrelevant.

WJM:  Why?

Lateran:  You know of the rumor, the Rapture for this sinful world is today.
There is much ridicule in the media, but I know for the righteous it is
true.  Let me check my watch... I have two more minutes to answer questions.

WJM:  Fine... You believe in the Rapture.  Is it the end of the world?

Lateran:  Very much not.  It merely extracts the Lord's faithful to avoid
judgment.

WJM:  When does the judgment come for the rest of us?

Lateran:  Some say, seven years from now.  I say, whenever the Lord wills.

WJM:  This announcement of the Rapture has been so obvious, people are
setting up post-Rapture looting parties.  What advice do you have for them?

Lateran:  So *few* people are truly righteous in this world, it will be as
though one person in each city is saved.

WJM:  How exactly will these people be saved?

Lateran:  I have my *own* assurance, for I am saved.  All others must answer
for themselves.

WJM:  ... Well.  Your deadline is almost here.  Any final comments?

Lateran:  I told you so.

*Then Lateran actually disappeared!*

---

(to be continued - in the next story!)

---

Author's Notes:

Yes, he really believes that.  Or at least he tells himself that.  This
therefore qualifies for High Concept Challenge  "Behind Blue Eyes".

I have done this as an instant story, because the impending Rapture required
it.

"Don't you never try to look behind my eyes; you don't wanna know what they
have seen."  - Frank Zappa, from "A Token of My Extreme".