[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #9

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:57:03 PDT 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 05:09:34 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> Gavrilo retreated into the rocket-ship, unable to do anything but watch
> the toxins transform his former partner. The mass grew exponentially,
> becoming fat and round.

You know, considering everything else, mass from nowhere shouldn't bother
me, but...

> "There'szz a szzting of pain... but alszzo a szzting of... of fresh
> realizzzation. Before I waszz aimlesszz. Now I got me sharp purposzze.

This actually makes a significant amount of sense, as an explanation for
mind-control.

> "Look around you," the super wizard said, a hand sweeping across the
> room. "Does it look like this civilization was able to save itself?"

I've always thought this was a neat point to make - a very logical
conclusion to draw.

> "Any pilot gets shunted away as the machine's limited interior realigns
> to a different time period. But since the controls are always here with
> us, they're trapped forever. The machine is useless. It always has been."

...so where do they get trapped?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, nobody knows what it's like, to be the
sad bee...