[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #8

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:03:09 PDT 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2011 04:17:56 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:
>
>> "We was partners for all them space-years, looking for proof
>> about the silver skull machine. Looking for that damn map. I
>> figured you of all sentient beings woulda understood about
>> regrets. About mistakes you thought couldn't been taken
>> away."
>
> This is an excellent moment of characterization.

I'm trying to follow a formula that I saw in Marvel's Punisher MAX
series. There is only so much you can say or do with a character like
the Super Wizard From Space, so instead you try focus on stories of
those he interacts with instead. The title character is rarely the focus
of any arc, allowing me to experimentally flesh others around him.

I didn't do too much with the devil story, but I'm trying to add a bit
more with this one, particularly Gavrilo. And I'll try to continue with
future characters.

>> A monstrous space-bee, the size of an asteroid and made
>> entirely of purple-tinted shield energy.
>
> Wooooooo!  Awesome!

I'm having too much fun with the idea of space- were-bees, I admit it :P

>> I had a chance to run this arc and some ideas for future
>> arcs past a friend, despite my initial never-plot-ahead
>> gameplan. I was getting tripped up on where I was going with
>> this and how I was going to move forward with the whole
>> tournament shtick. With luck, this will make the next few
>> arcs link together smoother.
>
> That's good.  A dollop of planning really smooths things out.

I may lose some of the entertaining spontaneity of each issue, but I
figure I'll gain in ongoing continuity instead. Or that's the plan
anyway *crosses fingers*

Wil Alambre, follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/wilalambre