META: Real life RACC/LNH Con in 2012?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue May 10 21:48:56 PDT 2011

Arthur Spitzer wrote:
> On 5/9/11 4:25 PM, EDMLite wrote:
>> I'd been thinking of this myself, and am glad Arthur brought it up.
>>
>> 1)   Would you be willing to fly to such an event?
>>
>> If it was a reasonably inexpensive flight, and if I
>> still have a job a year from now.
>>
>> 2)  Would you be willing to drive to such an event?
>>
>> Maybe, if it's in California.  (And even then, I'd
>> probably fly if it was anywhere south of Fresno).
>>
>> 3)  Would you go to an event that was held in the city you lived?
>>
>> Absolutely!  And I'll point out that in addition to Eagle and
>> myself, the San Francisco Bay Area is the home of Dan'l
>> Danahey-Oakes, the man who inspired the creation of the
>> LNH.  He'd probably make a great guest speaker...
>>

> Well, that's two votes for California... now comes the battle over
> Southern Cal or the Bay Area...

Well then.  The Bay Area is obviously closer for me, and I like it better on
personal experience, but I can't say it's cheaper for anyone.  If I had to pick
California, I'd pick whatever airport is easiest for people to travel to.
But... How about Las Vegas?  Boy, it's cheap in the summer.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.