[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #7

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun May 8 14:38:03 PDT 2011

Wil Alambre wrote:
> Andrew Perron wrote:

>>> If this issue seems off, then you're not alone. With a busy
>>> schedule over the last couple weeks, I found myself with next to
>>> no time to finish this issue before my self-imposed Tuesday
>>> deadline. I kind of find the end result a little exposition-heavy
>>> and not much forward progress in the plot (it kind of ends in the
>>> same place as the previous issue). I'll try to do better next time.
>>
>> Honestly, I liked it.  Very flavorful; exposition isn't a bad thing, as
>> long as it's delivered with characterization and care.  And you seem to
>> have a knack for pulling out new, interesting facts about the characters.

I didn't feel the issue was stationary.  It did have a shoot-out with a space
octopus, after all.

Oh, and I've found wi-fi access even in Canada, though I had to go almost 3 km
into British Columbia to get it.  8{D>

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.