NTB/LNH/HCC: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #42 (HCC19)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun May 1 18:38:28 PDT 2011

Saxon Brenton wrote:

>      The dragon roared, lunging towards Mister Elmo.  "Be silent!  Or
>            FIN FANFIC FOOM!
> will put you in his pants!"
>      "Ahhh!" screamed Mister Elmo, genuinely horrified at the prospect.

With a battle cry like that,
     FIN FANFIC FOOM
is a villain to be truly feared.  Indeed, that was the scariest thing about the
dragon.  I have mixed feelings about driving a story with that much satire, but
it *was* a good story.  And I have to admit it wouldn't have been quite the same
story with any dragon other than
     FIN FANFIC FOOM
.

> Net.name/persona: Mister Elmo
> Real name/address: Greg Morrow
> Powers/mystical abilities/colour of trenchcoat: Strange frothing
>    abilities/mystical sense of continuity violations/tan
> Origin: Driven insane by years of datelessness, Mister Elmo
>    prowls the back streets of USENET, incessantly whining, with spittle,
>    about trivial inconsistencies.

I was afraid Mister Elmo would be red and furry at first...

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.