[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #2

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 19:33:59 PDT 2011

Scott Eiler wrote:
> Wil Alambre wrote:
>> THE SUPER WIZARD FROM SPACE #2
>>
>> Somewhere in an invisible galaxy, a secret meeting of the seven
>> super-civilizations of outer space has been organized to discuss the
>> recent cosmic genocide against two mythic space-races.
>
> I feel better about commenting about this series now.
>
> I can admit now, the first issue felt like a tasteless joke to me.
> Tasteless jokes have their place in the fiction realm, so I laughed. But
> I also said, Yeesh.

I totally understand where you're coming from on this. A good part of it
comes from amateurish writing, not being able to balance dark humor and
bonkers ridiculousness as well as I want to. However, I hope to learn to
write better through ongoing practice, so I hope you'll indulge the
crudeness of the work :)

> Now I can see this series is not just a joke. It's got dead serious
> stuff, wrapped in silliness. Kind of like reality itself. I'm looking
> forward to see how it will go.

I'm putting it together in the vein of the Raccowrimo challenge I failed
to participate in last November: I'm not doing any formal plotting, just
kind of writing it as I go along. A secondary goal of all this is to
improve by doing.

The main goal is, naturally, to have fun :P

NEXT ISSUE: THE SUPER WIZARD FROM SPACE GOES TO HELL!

Wil Alambre, follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/wilalambre