MISC: One Day at a Time #10

James Mason mason.james.jamesmason at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:00:56 PDT 2011

                               Chapter 10:
                          Doctor Eric Sullivan

[ The cover shows a giant machine, a saucer-shaped tank with crablike
metal legs and claws and windows all over. In the center, controlling
it, is a deranged-looking red-haired individual. ]

Victor Montague: So tell me, how does this usually work out?

Mike: Car.

Victor Montague: *steer!* Sorry. Anyway, my question?

Mike: We do things until the crime is stopped. We haven't been at this
for very long.

Victor Montague: I see, I see...

Sir Greg: Do you see that lamppost?

Victor Montague: I do now. *Vrrrr-room*

The Arch Mage: And that turned-over car.

Victor Montague: *So-nice-he-did-it-twice vrrr-room!*

Mike: And those missiles... Wait.

Everyone: *GET OUT OF THE FUCKING CAR RIGHT NOW!*

Car (and also the missiles, I guess): *BOOM*

Mike: Victor, are you okay?

Victor Montague: Just some scratches.

Mike: Yeah, you should leave before you get more "scratches".

Victor Montague: Ahhh, you're no fun. *leave!*

Mike: Okay, that's done, now to figure out where the missiles came
from.

*And then, a crab-bot-tank. Yep, crabot tank.*

Mike: That's probably it.

*He goes to hit the tank! However, it launches a fuckton of missles.
Thankfully, Mike can dodge. A lot.*

Mike: Is that it? 'Cuz that was quite a lot. But not enough.

Crabot Tank: You wouldn't think I would have that few missiles, would
you?

Mike: Holy crap, a talking robotic tank! This is awesome!

Crabot Tank: There's a person inside controlling the tank.

Mike: Oh, that makes sense. I'm kind of sad, though.

Lame Person in the Awesome Crabot Tank: I am Doctor Eric Sullivan, and
I have disposed of those FOOLS who rejected my patent! Now I will
dispose of ANYONE WHO OFFENDS ME!

Mike: Don't take criticism well, do you?

Doctor Eric Sullivan: Fuck you.

Mike: Speaking of people who would probably say that in this situation,
where are my teamates?

Sir Greg: I'm holding down one of the legs!

The Arch Mage: And I've been shooting lasers at it all this time! I
can't believe you didn't notice, they *are* quite loud.
*BAAAAAAAZOOOOOOOO!* See?

Mike: Oh. Well then. *summon sword* *SLASH!* Hmm, hitting it's front
doesn't do any visible damage. *AXEL ROSE!* Joints too hard.

Sir Greg: Try ripping his leg off, I think that'll work?" *Nope, now
take a dive!* *CLANK!* Okay, maybe not.

The Arch Mage: Lasers are working! *Gets missiles shot at him!* Awwwww.
*Then a few explosions happen. No big deal.* Why am I not allowed to
move fast?

Sir Greg: Fine, you get a punch TO YO FACE! *KLONG* Well, that did
nothing. *whack* *klang* Yeah, this is becoming a problem.

The Arch Mage: Okay, so I may have to pull out something new!
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAGH!

*AND THEN A METRIC FUCKTON OF LASERS CAME OUT OF THE SKY! IT WAS
FUCKING AWESOME!*

The Arch Mage: YES! I AM AWESOME! WOOO-- *The smoke clears... and the
crabot tank is still there* ...OOOoooohhhh hell. *And then he was shot
with missles. Again.* WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO MOVE FAST!?

Mike: Man, how did we go from easily beating the slime guy to not being
able to damage this robotic tank? Should we have been grinding? Are we
supposed to hit his weak point?

Doctor Eric Sullivan: SEE? YOU CANNOT HURT ME! I AM INVINCIBLE!

Crabot Tank: Massive damage sustained. Starting self-repair.

Doctor Eric Sullivan: SON OF A BITCH!

Mike: I guess that's our chance! Arch Mage and Sir Greg! Let's combine
our powers!

The Arch Mage: Can I lay here for a few more minutes? The world refuses
to stop spinning.

Mike: Fine, I guess I can just do it with Sir Greg.

Sir Greg: YEAH! Um... do what, though?

Mike: I guess... either look for a weak point or damage it more?

Sir Greg: Yeah, I can do that.

*Mike takes the high ground, Sir Greg takes the low ground!*

Mike: Hey, there's a hatch up here. I guess that's as good a weak point
as any. *Where does that sword go when he's not using it anyway?*

*I attack the hatch's life points directly! Making it open to reveal
the doctor within!* *Also he jumps in there.*

Mike: Hi.

Doctor Eric Sullivan: WHAT!? NO! YOU ARE NOT TAKING ME ALIVE! *Pushes
the self-destruct button next to the Chocolate Smoothie machine*

Mike: OH, CRAP! *Scampers out of there like a pwessus wittle kitten*
SIR GREG GET AWAY FR-- *BOOM!*

The Arch Mage: If one of the pieces of that tank falls on me, I'm going
to be pissed and possbily dead.

CLIFFHANGERED!