SW10/HCC: March 2011: The Perils of the Wolf-Woman!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Mar 15 18:05:38 PDT 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 01:36:03 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>>> Who's reporting this, anyway?
>> Good question.  The senior staff at the Journal are all co-editors now.  The
>> junior staff haven't graduated to their own bylines yet.  They're probably still
>> interns.
>
> Fair enough, though I was *really* wondering how the Journal got this
> information.

Hmm.  The senior staff always had their ways, but they're not around, are they.
  I'll have to ask myself just how the interns got the job done.

>>> ...what?
>> I *tried* to explain that in the story.  Neither wolf nor man would lay with
>> her; she's too weird to appeal to grown males of either species.  Even when
>> Imperilus had her on a chain, he left her virginity alone.
>
> See, I got that, but... wolf-children?

The Wolf-Woman may not have had mated, but she's great at nursing little wolves.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.