[Meta/Misc/RACCies/HCC] Need characters! {HC118}

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Mar 14 18:59:58 PDT 2011

Saxon Brenton wrote:

> Eh, it's cross imprint silliness that gets to justify itself purely
> because of the RACCies awards.  The monomaniacle Remember-To-Vote-
> In-The-RACCies-Or-I'LL-Rip-Your-Arms-Off Man goes around threatening
> violence in order to get people to vote, and the heroes have to
> stop him.  It doesn't have to effect the original universes any
> more than the appearances of characters at the RACCies awards does.
> I mean, the Legion of Net.Heroes will cheerfully consider it in
> continuity because they're all meta and love breaking the fourth
> wall, but sensible universes know better than to let this sort of
> thing make a mess on their nice clean continuity.

Heh.  I've already established that the RACCies are in continuity for Superhuman
World 2010.  If I broke that rule for 2011, *then* I'd be making a mess on my
nice clean continuity, wouldn't I.

Yes, this officially makes LNH part of my omniverse.  Resistance is futile.
My Earth may not be much of a threat, but how good are the Legion's defenses
against trillions of alien colony ships which adapt to most anything?  8{D>

> If it helps,
> you could consider it a fanfiction, like somebody teaming up
> Spider-Man, Fox Mulder and Oscar the Grouch.  Or maybe it's just
> parallel universe versions of the characters rather than the ones
> who actually appear in your stories.  Take your pick of desperate
> handwave.

Heh.  I think my lucky character can provide enough desperate hand waves on
his/her own for any behavior anomalies, even without being exposed to
extra-universal forces.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.