META: Shared Multiverse

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Mar 12 15:10:25 PST 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 18:59:14 +0000 (UTC), Phantasm wrote:

>> The current StarFall universe has back-
>> story that's just now being referenced (hell, Robin and I are still
>> *inventing* it! :) ),
>
> Laser fructose marmoset, please!

One of my sources for my current series was a an RPG campaign.  Having player
input led to some interesting plot twists, like "Why *can't* we have our HQ in
the Bahamas?"

One thing I like about comic books is the shared-universe stuff.  My favorite
writers cheerfully incorporate crossover stuff as they keep their stories going.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.