ASH/HCC: Coherent Super Stories #26 - Pitch Reel featuring Brighthorn

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Mar 11 21:51:32 PST 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 23:04:06 +0000 (UTC), Dave Van Domelen wrote:
>
>>      "I call upon the power of the light!" she shouts confidently, no longer
>> sounding airheaded, and the vacant expression in her eyes is replaced by a
>> determined glint, then a literal glow, which spreads until she's just a
>> silhouette limned in golden light.  A closeup shows her mane lengthening and
>> turning a blonde color to match her false tail.  A red stripe runs down her
>> back, then warps and changes into the shape of a sword.  Her hooves turn
>> bright blue, and her horn powers up with a golden glow.  "I, BRIGHTHORN, WILL
>> SAVE THE DAY!"
>
> I love this.  So much. <3

I'm getting 1980s flashbacks.  She-Ra, anyone?

I'm sensing only stories within stories in response to this challenge.  I'm
going to take on an extra challenge, though:  Make Sasquatch(es) vs. Unicorn(s)
in continuity!

That's what I'm working on tonight.  Please excuse if the next installment of
Cauldron II is delayed...  but my story will actually be another follow-up to
Cauldron.  When I write a story, it relates to other stories, so nothing's wasted.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.