SW10: December 2010 #3: Cauldron Book II Part 3

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 06:32:26 PST 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 02:17:55 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> It charged at me - looking more like Holly, naked and wet. Holly's bigger than I
> am. I was bowled over.
>
> The creature was changing into Holly-form from the neck down, and fumbling at
> the door! If I needed any other sign that this wasn't really Holly, I knew that
> if Holly wanted to dash down the hallway naked, she'd at least open the door right.

Oh my.  I assume you're saving this backstory for the Superhuman World
Summer Special.

> "Okay. Summer. Norma. All of you. We need you. We need Holly too. We're gonna
> get her back."
>
> Norma responded. "Thank you, Mr. Corrigan. But we resigned. Resign means resign.
> We'll get her back." We cheered.

Actually, this feels weird.  If he's completely for what they're doing, and
if he's willing to give them the resources to do it, and since they've been
working with the government the entire time, it seems really odd that
they're insisting on going it alone.  One douchebag above them in the chain
of command...?

> I can finally admit, I am at last responding to a "subterranean" plot challenge
> from Rec.Arts.Comics.Creative. I'm treating "sub-surface marine" as
> "subterranean" for this purpose. I got the name for these creatures from the
> Blue Oyster Cult.

Ahhhhhhhh, interesting.

> In the spirit of the original "Cauldron" plot challenge, I am writing on a
> schedule. This time, I've given myself two weeks per episode instead of just
> one.

Awesome!

> I'm ahead of schedule now (though not a whole episode ahead any more), so
> I'm blowing time on story polishing. Each episode gets published where it can
> get peer review (thank you, RACC). As it gets review, I put in updates and
> publish them. If this is not me writing a novel that people might pay to read,
> it's the next best thing.

Indeed.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, woo RACC!