[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #13

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jun 29 18:23:23 PDT 2011

On 6/29/2011 11:40 AM, Wil Alambre wrote:

> Seeing the mummy machine coldly crushing the phantasmal fish, she only
> waved dismissively in it's direction. "Pleasze, M, you may releasze
> them. We are unharmed. Thisz isz not our true form. We are not even
> here, chooszing to participate by long-disztance communication. And asz
> you can szee, the transzmisszion technology in this honey-baszed
> hologram has easzily repaired itszelf."

I'm sorry, but even with super-honey, a purely honey-based hologram
seems like a stretch to me.  But that's probably just the wrong term for
it.  I'll admit Queen Buzz might have loaded a hive with all manner of
projection technology, and arranged for it to arrive at the Magic
Monastery in her place.

> "Oh no," muttered the Super Wizard From Space, suddenly making the same
> dangerous realization the ghostly fish were. "The infinite school."
>
>  From outside the fractal hall suddenly came a chaotic screaming. The
> entire peak seemed to shake with the force of a million stampeding feet,
> panic gripping the normally stoic religious men on the mountainous
> monastery. Dull warning echoed out through the maze-like halls as long
> unused alarm bells were banged desperately.
>
> "Master hero! Master hero!" cried out a young boy, bursting into the
> hall, ignoring centuries of protocol and tradition in his desperation.
> "A thousand apologies, master hero! It's the fish! The fish have lost
> control!
>
> "Sharkasaurus Rex is free!"

That made more sense, though I had to think about it twice.  Of course
if there's a challenge on between the Super Wizard and Sharkasaurus Rex,
and all interference to the challenge gets lifted, then the challengers
are free to engage in the challenge.