HCC: HCC 21 - Summer Blockbuster!

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Mon Jun 27 21:33:28 PDT 2011

     Thanks to all those who voted for me!  And now, with superheroes all
over the place getting rewritten for Summer Blockbusters, that seems to be a
good topical topic for HCC #21: Summer Blockbusters.

     Here's the challenge in more detail.  Take a character or series and
reconceptualize it for a hypothetical $100M+ CGI-intensive summer movie.
Obviously, writing the whole movie would be rather excessive, so either
present a representative scene or make a trailer...regardless of which path
you take, be sure to show how the property has been changed to be more
Hollywood.  Mock it, play it straight, something down the middle...whatever
you feel like!  (A deadly serious LNH Hollywood Blockbuster would have an
amusement factor all its own, I suspect.)

     Deadline for entries is the end of the day July 18, the day I turn 41.
That'll let me get voting done by the end of the month, given that I might be
too busy getting ready to move in August to run stuff.

     Dave Van Domelen, did consider Ponies initially, but decided that might
not be sufficiently accessible, and also would tend to overlap the
Unicorn/Bigfoot War theme of a few challenges ago.