SW10: April 2011 #2 (Britannia Beach/Silver Skull): Added Scene: What Else Adu Says

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jun 25 00:06:15 PDT 2011

Despite a lack of demand or comment, I've revisited a recent story, because
I now realize there was one voice that could have spoken more.  Now updated
at http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/page.php?fn=silver_skull.txt .

What Has Gone Before:  Wyatt Ferguson, a bunch of his friends, and Adu
Asantemantse the Warrior Ashanti have fought off Satanists who seek ultimate
power.  Now the victors contemplate what to do with their world, which
changed during the fight.

---

Wyatt said, "Everyone? Our world comes back. We go back there. So do our
stupid Satanists. Victorians stay on theirs. And I put them away from us so
our villains can't go there again. But neither can we."

Bill asked, "Can you really do all that?"

"I can't. But I can loan you all the power to do it."

I said, "That seems fair."

But Adu objected. "Council. I came to save Africa. You propose to leave
Africans enslaved."

Wyatt spoke. "Adu. Have you visited other universes?"

"Wyatt. No, I have not."

"Adu. I have. I've fought for them. Often. I opposed Nazis for the freedom
of Siberia once. (www.eilertech.com/stories/2006/yesterday.htm) I still
think of Siberians. When you fight for other lands, you start to care less
about your own. You roam, and you clutch when you can at one or two friends
from home... I would not recommend that as a lifestyle."

Jen nudged me, and pointed. Wyatt was about to cry again.

"Adu, do you care enough about these people to fight for them? Unless you
do, you must now choose slavery or oblivion for them."

Adu saw Wyatt's emotion too. He said, "Wyatt. Why not oblivion?"

"Adu. Because you have not met them. They probably have grand plans to throw
off the British next year. Even when the Nazis took Siberia, I met Siberians
with plans like that. Would you deny other people their lives full of those
plans?"

Adu slouched. "Wyatt. I yield."

"Well then." Wyatt composed himself and sat down cross-legged, arms out.
"Let's take this step by step. Our world comes back, out there somewhere."

(and so on.  They together abandon ultimate power and restore their world.)