SW10: May 2011 #3: The Gates of New Bosnia

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jun 15 18:33:04 PDT 2011

"Andrew Perron"  wrote in message
news:1cf8t8zxqlzgo.1nr2881hltcq4.dlg at 40tude.net...

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:27:56 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> > With all the stellar power he could gather, he cut the tube.  As the
> > tube
> > collapsed he tumbled down his side of it, with everything else.
>
> I like this weird abstract scene.  You don't do a lot of those!

Hmm... I don't, do I?  It's mostly by accident, because I have lots of weird
abstract places in my storyline.

> Tangent on something I've noticed: Your writing could use a bit less
> straight, baldfaced statements of fact, and a little more... well, like
> this!
>
> > And then the Sultan and the Chancellor were amazed.  The stung warrior
> > rose
> > up with wings, and flew away after the one who stung him.

Thanks...  I usually don't get poetic and dwell upon feelings in story.
But if I'm going to write about a sultan who's just seen a magic
transformation, maybe it's a good time to be poetic.

> Mwahahaha.  Perhaps they have the strange cosmic equivalent of a zombie
> apocalypse on their hands...

Heh heh.  We all know, Chancellor Wyatt is concerned about creatures that
can flood the universes with copies of themselves.  Now, who's the bigger
threat:  were-bees, Trillions, or humans?