[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #10

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:41:54 PDT 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:05:31 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> Andrew Perron wrote:

<snip>
>> Have I mentioned I love your pulpy descriptions?
>
> Thanks! I've been trying to maintain a that fun almost-crazy pulp
> feeling to everything while dropping in a couple golden-age-esque
> ridiculousness.

It's a good mix!  I'm enjoying the series.

> There is a moment near the end of the story where the perspective
> sloppily switches from the hermit wizard's to the super wizard's. It
> really bugged me so I tried to clean it up as much as I could; no one's
> mentioned it, so maybe I succeeded?

I see that moment, but I don't think it's sloppy at all.  It seems
perfectly appropriate that, once Gavrilo has set his fate, the perspective
of the story should switch away from him.

>> However, I must wonder how the transformation into a space-bee will affect
>> these stats - and how such a bee will act, cut off from any queen or
>> swarm...
>
> I suppose I should write a quick stat block for the bees in general...
>
> So I shall.

Woo!

> PERSONALITY: The bee retains the personality of whomever or whatever it
> was before it was transformed. However, it is overwhelmed by a powerful
> instinct to protect it's swarm, it's hive, and it's queen. It gains
> almost a reverse-survival instinct, with the whole of it's race being
> more important than it's own life. Best thought of as brainwashing
> rather than min control, as drones describe it as "a clarity of purpose".

Hmmmmm, yes...

>  > The more I think of it, the more I can find a place for a giant magical
>  > bee with conflicts between his hermitic nature and his budding hive
>  > instinct, plus a history of making bad choices. 8{D>
>
> Looking forward to seeing it :)

Excellent, new combinations, new grooves...

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, back and forth interaction!