SW10/HCC: The Day of the Rapture

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:41:24 PDT 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 01:29:08 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Err, I see your point, but that trope isn't going away any time soon, so I
> figured I'd take advantage.  Perhaps it'll help if I reassure you, the Turks
> didn't build those skyscrapers.   There's a story in how they took
> possession...  in fact, I've already written its prequel.
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2005/after.htm#turks

Oh!  Well, in that case, never mind.  That makes sense.

>> Eesh.  Dark ending, but fairly achieved.
>
> Thanks.  I'd intended it that way.  But the more I think about it, the more
> I think "ending" is the wrong word.

It's an ending, but a serial one; this story isn't over.

>> Honestly, this doesn't seem like an especially villainous act,
>> considering.
>
> Depends whom you ask.  They would have been a lot more villainous if they'd
> arrived in Montana with enough people for two cities and enough rifles for
> an army corps like they'd planned.  Perhaps I should point that out more
> blatantly in story, but it's not the sort of thing the narrator of the
> present story would dwell on.

Good point, but that's still in the "ambiguous" category, methinks - what
with survival and all.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who thinks the ongoing Twilight has a
lot of good ambiguous-without-going-too-dark.