[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #10

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 05:31:53 PDT 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011 23:06:10 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> The two super wizards stood stock still as the two floors of the
> building above them were eaten by the ghost of a cosmic megalodon.
> Bigger than a rocket-ship, it nonetheless hung effortlessly in the air,
> it's fifty-five rows of cleaver-like teeth surrounding their room as it
> floated vertically above them. The daylight of the alien sky shone
> through it's phantasmal body, the only full solid part of the terrible
> apparition was the laurel wreath floating above its forehead, radiating
> wildly with a sickly green light.

Have I mentioned I love your pulpy descriptions?

> "Terrible Rex! Harrowing Rex!" thought the other transparent fish. His
> scales were several shades of wonderful blue, but his mind slashed out
> words coldly and cruelly. "Up! There! Them! Them! Vengeance! Vengeance
> on the bees!"

I like how these guys talk!

> Gavrilo's blood went cold and his bones felt
> hollow as the beast dove into the planet.

*Naturally* he just goes *through* the planet.

> "Formidable Rex!" thought out the one fish.
>
> "Fearsome Rex!" thought out the two fish.

Ah. Groupers. *ba-dum-tss*

> The swarm grew smaller as the monstrous drones got picked off one by
> one. They occasionally managed to get behind the crazed brute, their
> superior maneuverability allowing them to jabbed at the megalodon with
> their toxin stingers. But the quick attacks just passed through the
> spectral form, striking nothing.

Right.  Can transform energy fields, can't transform ghosts.  Got it.

> "Yes! Yes! Quite recently! Just recently! I am Geisel!" said the
> red fish excitedly.
>
> "I am Theodor." said the blue fish.

...d'oh.

> "Yes!" thought Geisel, trailing his words with sensations, the release
> of flesh and freedom from reality. "Freed from poison! Freed from body!
> Freed to swim the infinite ocean! Freed! Returned to Rex's school!
> Returned to Rex!"

Ooooh.  Neat.  The pieces fit in nicely.

> "We wanted you. We alwayszz wanted you. And all of them nameszz in that
> there thick head of yourszz."

Oooooooh. o.o Yes, that makes much sense.

> The Hermit Wizard From Space gripped the lever with both hands. He
> stared out the portal. His eyes were wells of regret. And resolve.
>
> The Super Wizard From Space nodded.

Excellent moment.

> As promised, I have tossed a character into the machine to see if he
> appears outside his universe and somewhere else. He is free to appear in
> any other RACC imprint, if anyone is interested, and free to be used in
> any manner anyone sees fit. Enjoy...

Awesome!

> NAME: Gavrilo
>
> ALIAS: The Hermit Wizard From Space

...my goodness.  Wherever he ends up, nobody's going to know his name. o.o

> PERSONALITY: Penitent for past actions. Poor judge of character. Makes
> rash decisions. Is cyclic in nature, making bad choices and sinking into
> guilt about it, then jumping right into more bad choices to try to make
> up for it.

This is an excellent way to describe it.

However, I must wonder how the transformation into a space-bee will affect
these stats - and how such a bee will act, cut off from any queen or
swarm...

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hmmmmmm.