MISC: One Day at a Time: Deleted Scene (Chapter 14)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Jun 7 17:59:48 PDT 2011

On 06/06/2011 08:59 PM, James Mason wrote:
> On Jun 6, 6:22 pm, Scott Eiler<sei... at eilertech.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Well, yeah, but the details of how these guys survive having bombs
>> planted on their backs might be interesting too.  Did the Arch Mage use
>> his cat-like tail to sweep the grenade off the small of his back, or did
>> he have his friend the Kittyman cast a spell of invulnerability on him?
>>    Or am I getting the characters backwards?  8{D>
>
> Yeah I'd say you have a few things backwards.

Yep, I guess it's Kittyman who has the cat tail.  8{D>

> I thought it was clear
> enough that the characters were getting bombs planted on their faces.

Even after the hug in the story fragment?  If someone hugged me and then
put a bomb on my face, I hope I wouldn't have to ask if he put a bomb on me.

> I should have made it more clear that the bombs on their faces were
> different than the grenades he was lobbing. Also I thought I explained
> how the guys survive the explosions from chapter 10 (Which were much
> worse than the ones in 14, chap 10s are like getting punched by a wall
> that is made of bricks and fire where as chapter 14s are like getting
> punched in the gut.) In chapters 11 and 12 but if that's not clear
> enough than I should make it more clear.

I'll admit, I don't remember all the detail from Chapters 10 through 13
when I read Chapter 14.  When I'm in best form for my own stories, I put
some back-refeences in.

---------- Scott Eiler  8{D>  ----  http://www.eilertech.com --------