SW10: Superhuman World 2011 #0: The Briefing

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jul 30 00:51:38 PDT 2011

Background of Earth(s) 2011
Notes of Chancellor Wyatt Ferguson

---

I've got three Earths to watch before all others.  My own Earth
(“Sovietica” or “MW02”, Mage World 2) is politics as usual at Ordered
Realities Plaza in Warsaw-Saint Laurent.  I won't bore you with details,
but any day I'm not stabbed in the back is a good day.

A second Earth is tagged “Balance”, so named for its premier superhuman
battle squad.  It's also known as “SW10”, Superhuman World 10.  The
mutant supergenius Ellipsis (who helped found the Balance) came from
there in 2004, and took over Ordered Realities.  He's back home now.
Good riddance.

I have a dimensional counterpart there.  We've known each other for
years.  He jumps around the universes almost as often as I do.  He
reappeared on his world in spectacular manner in April of this year, but
he's gone again... Good luck to him.

Earth-Balance is facing a new ice age.  The Trillions sucked them into a
war against the Infrared Sunbreaker Choir, who responded by changing
Earth's orbit.

There's an Earth named “Wall” (or “TW03”, Tech World 3), where the main
powers are Turkey and Brasil. Turkey recently teamed up with Atlantica
(New England and the Maritimes) to take over the Free City of New York.
  The United States only goes from the New York suburbs to Denver.

I'm friends with TW03's young Turkish Sultan, Hope Springs VII.  Yes, he
uses Roman numerals with his English throne name.  He's *proud* to do
that.  His predecessors conquered Byzantium and took over the title
“Caesar of Rome”, just like in every other universe with the Ottoman Empire.

I like Earth-Wall because part of me comes from there.  I'm
multi-dimensional that way.  The other Wyatt is like that too.  We used
to be merged, but we parted ways in 2003.  I got most of our drive, and
he got most of our wanderlust.

Earth-Balance recently sent a freelance invasion force against
Earth-Wall.  They'd wanted to land in Montana, in the native-held Great
Spirit Alliance.  I used Ordered Realities tech to strip this force of
its weapons and redirect it to New Jersey, where the Turkish army was
waiting.  They captured almost all of the invaders, but...

The invaders into Earth-Wall came with a superpowered magic were-bee
that can turn humans into were-bees.  This bears watching, but it's not
the End of the Omniverse.  Were-creatures usually don't just turn
everything else into themselves, because they need other creatures as
food.  Ho hum, one more apex predator.

The Trillions are more of a problem, because they *do* turn everyone
else into themselves.  They believe in unlimited life – and they go into
suspended animation to support it, with spaceships to propagate it.
They're taking over Earth-Balance, recruiting Earthlings for their
spaceships.  I've added that Earth to the Ordered Realities blockade list.

---

Author's Notes:

I wrote this as an introduction to my "understory", where I organize the
upcoming story concepts.  Other people could use an introduction to my
current story line too, so I now published this.