[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #15: The Tragedy Of Sharkasaurus Rex, Part 5

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 06:24:04 PDT 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:51:36 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> The equally ethereal Theodor watched the entire sudden rending in still
> shock. As did the rest of the infinite school, millions of fellow ghost
> fish that had all gathered to psychically leash the mighty megalodon.
> They didn't even realize such a thing was possible. They had survived
> life. They had survived death. They were supposed to be free... not fragile.

Yeah. o.o

> Even Sharkasaurus Rex seemed surprised. The great megalodon floated in
> the upper atmosphere aimlessly. It's pitch black eyes wide and it's
> simple animal mind confused. It's jaws flexed open and closed. It's
> ghostly body faded transparent and then back solid. All as if a child
> experimenting with new experiences.

This is a great moment.

> The other fish were awash in their own horror, nothing but unyielding
> blues in their minds painting over rationality. But Theodor was a blue
> fish, used to swimming in such grim waters.

...wouldja believe I just got that?

> The musical sound slammed into Theodor's wraith-like form and shook
> every fibre. The musical sound pushed him into a more real state, a more
> real place in the universe. For the first time since his death, for a
> brief solid second, he felt heavy and cold and alive again.

Interesting.  This suggests that the fish's ghost-forms aren't simply
spirit, but have a matter-energy component to them.

Of course, that's far too Silver Age analytical for this Golden Age jam.

> "Sound seems to cage the near-dead," agreed Brody Dharma. "Emperor M
> shared that secret with us. The right tone stirs the strands of the
> universe enough to catch the spirits on our side of reality. At least
> momentarily.

Of course, it could be the soundwaves wrapping themselves around the
ghostfish's psychic self-perception - *whaps self in head*

> "But Rex has fed on his own students. He has added their own
> insubstantial mass to his own. Already he's exponentially larger than he
> was when he first arrived. And our combined harmonies did not have the
> ability to completely manifest him."
>
> "Then you're gonna need a bigger gong," said the Super Wizard From Space.

D'oh!

It seems like the Super Wizard has moved away a bit from the unyielding
champion of heartless justice, driven only by the mission.

> The switch to Theodor's point of view actually helped a lot in this
> writing. I was correct in my discover last time, that I should have done
> it from his point of view the whole time. I also downplayed the other
> champions, not wanting them to clutter up the action just to have a line.

Definitely works.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Wil continues to rock!