ASH: ASH Wednesday: STRAFE - City of Lions

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 18:04:29 PDT 2011

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 16:08:49 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> And
> I understand Dumbledore had his reasons for what he did; that was an
> ongoing plot thread.  But wasn't the whole point of The Order of the
> Phoenix how the children trained themselves in mystic arts to fight evil
> because the grown-ups from Dumbledore on down were at best ambiguous
> about doing that?

I don't want to turn this into In Which I Read Harry Potter (The
Spectacularly Off-Topic For RACC Version), especially since you conceded
the point in the last post, but just to clarify it for you:

Basically, it wasn't Dumbledore or the other adults at the school who were
stupid, it was (certain members of) the government, who'd kicked out many
teachers and administrators, put Dumbledore in jail, and installed a
figurehead in his place who'd been a villain in a previous book.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, thusly.