ASH: ASH Wednesday: STRAFE - City of Lions

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:20:50 PDT 2011

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 00:57:02 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> That would be an interesting but not obvious development.  But the
> obvious next characters are Harry Potter:  The Next Generation.  They
> will of course find out what their predecessors knew when they were
> children:  All grown-ups are either stupid, evil, or dead.  (This is a
> trait of *every* modern children's story.)  Harry himself will become
> either stupid or evil.

...the thing is, I'd argue that Harry Potter had some of the best adult
characters in modern kidsbook, with not just Dumbledore, but the Weasleys,
Sirius, Tonks, Hagrid, and others all having their own characterization and
occupying separate but valuable roles.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who could totally see Harry becoming
conservative in his old age, though.