ASH: ASH Wednesday: STRAFE - City of Lions

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jul 15 17:57:02 PDT 2011

On 7/15/2011 3:42 PM, Dave Van Domelen wrote:
> In article<29ky9xrgao7h.14r3az2rvxg7m.dlg at 40tude.net>,
> Andrew Perron<pwerdna at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:43:28 +0000 (UTC), Tony wrote:
>>
>>> The next instalment of my posts on the ASH Omnibus series is up, with
>> a discussion of Marc Singer's first STRAFE arc:
>>>
>>> http://tonypi.com/2011/07/13/ash-wednesday-city-of-lions/

It encourages me that this newsgroup has fan literature, even though
it's for those classic stories of the 1990s.  I don't have fans from
that era.  I do have co-contributors from then, but they've all grown up
and given up gaming.  I suppose I have too.  8{C>

>       Dave Van Domelen, thinks the obvious next step for the Harry Potter
> universe is an alien invasion that forces muggles and wizards to publicly
> work together to fight it off.

That would be an interesting but not obvious development.  But the
obvious next characters are Harry Potter:  The Next Generation.  They
will of course find out what their predecessors knew when they were
children:  All grown-ups are either stupid, evil, or dead.  (This is a
trait of *every* modern children's story.)  Harry himself will become
either stupid or evil.