SW10/HCC: The Tape #2: THE POWER OF THE TAPE! Clip

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:54:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 02:11:40 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 7/11/2011 4:55 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 21:48:52 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

<snip>
>>> Spamflinger: "Bullspam. No sail's gonna move a whole planet!"
>>
>> Heeheehee
>
> Thanks.  I was afraid my satire hero script might be about as funny as,
> uh, bullspam.

It worked pretty well, I think.

>>> "Spamflinger" was called "$#!+flinger" (yes, with the special
>>> characters) in The Tape's comic books. You can bet there's lots of
>>> fanboy outrage that his movie name makes him look less like a vengeful
>>> chimpanzee and more like a cafeteria lady.
>>
>> I dunno, it seems like the kind of change that'd be pretty easily accepted,
>> IMHO.
>
> It's been a while since I hung out in those other comic book groups, but
> I'm pretty sure real fanboys will still complain about anything they can
> at movie time.  So my imaginary ones do too.

Well, *some* will - the loudest and least tolerant.  But most are actually
pretty reasonable people, and will appreciate an attempt at making the
necessities of adaptation work within the story.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, of course, there's always the attempts
to back-adapt it into the original...