GODLING # 20: Destiny!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jan 28 18:27:21 PST 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 02:22:14 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> I wonder if someone can find a fabled mystic weapon someday that Hitler
>> *didn't* try to use.  If I think of one, I'll probably keep it secret
>> until I can write my own story about it.
>
> You'd probably want to look in non-European-y stuff - what with the huge
> racism and all.

If Hitler can send Nazis to capture the Ark of the Covenant, he can
probably work around his huge racism when it comes to power items.

Still, I'll agree the Magic Fishhook of Fiji would work.  I can share that
one because I already wrote the story about it ("Uplift Day").  No, I
didn't make the Magic Fishhook up.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.