META/SW10: What to Name the Next Installment of "Cauldron"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jan 14 19:49:08 PST 2011

I may have mentioned, I'm now planning to write a sequel to the Superhuman
World 2010 RaccoWrimo special "Cauldron".  It'll be in the same style, by
the same viewpoint character, and it may go more than one episode.  So,
what do I call it?

*  My first impulse was to call it "SW10:  December 2010 #1:  Cauldron II,
Part 1".  But aside from the SW10 and December labels, that's going to
lead to the "Ultimates 2 #3, Ultimates 3 #2" syndrome.

*  My second and current impulse is to call it "SW10:  December 2010 #1:
Cauldron, Part 5".  It's part of the same story as Cauldron Part 4, after
all. But I regret to tack something on to the end of the previous story
which I once declared complete.

*  I could pick a new title like "SW10:  December 2010 #1:  Cauldron:
Boiling Point, Part 1".  But my own colon gets jealous when I put so many
colons in my writing.

*  If I named in the RACC tradition, this would indeed be "SW10:  Cauldron
#5". This is alien to my own filing system, but I begin to see the
attraction of having multiple series.

I'm looking for opinions here.  What say you?

"Egyptians were all about having the maximum amount of glittery
goodness, especially when it came to death."

Read more:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18627_6-things-from-history-everyone-pictures-incorrectly.html#ixzz12MeO8fK4