RACCies: Limp Eligibles for 2010

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 15:49:02 PST 2011

[RACCies] Limp Eligibles for 2010

{Better get this done before I continue with juggling EoMR84 and 'The
Rescue of the Edmund Fitzgerald'.}

So, what did Saxon write in 2010?  Well, when this stone was squeezed
it produced eight drops of storytelling blood...  Nine if you include
the mini essay.

8Fold
* Journey Into... #14 'All Us Zombies'
     {High Concept Challenge #13}
* My Father's Son #1  'It's A Start'

LNH/NTB
* Anal-Retentive Archive Kid: A Judicious Use Of Overkill #1-11
     {RACCoWrimo}
* Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #34 'The Divinity Thieves'
     {High Concept Challenge #6}
* Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #35 'Opposites: Spots and Stripes'
     {High Concept Challenge #8}
* Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #36 'Being There'
     {High Concept Challenge #10}
* Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #38 'Are You Feeling Lucky, Punks?'
     {High Concept Challenge #11}
* Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #39 'Hack and Cough'
     {High Concept Challenge #12}

MISC
* Mini Essay: Mars and the Dark Age of Superheroes
     {High Concept Challenge #9}

REVIEW
* End of Month Reviews #72-83
  [The reviews for those items posted in the year 2010 are #73-84]

A nowhere near comprehensive matchup with the nomination categories:

RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:
As advertised, not as released:
* My Father's Son  [8Fold]
* Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2  [LNH]

RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:
12 issues or less, including one-shots:
* Anal-Retentive Archive Kid: A Judicious Use Of Overkill #1-11  [LNH]

RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE
  All of the above are eligible as they are all stand-alone issues.
  I have a particular fondness for 'The Divinity Thieves' in LNHv2 #34

RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:
Sticking to characters that I have created:
* Anal-Retentive Archive Kid  (who probably acts more as a 'protagonist'
  rather than a 'hero' in this one - although he'd argue otherwise)
* John Munlop
* Slowpoke
* Titanium Swordsman

But I have always had a soft spot for both:
* Fuzzy
* Occultism Kid

RACC7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:
* The Crime Mime
* Doctor Longitude (a choice from among four)
* The Injokerz gang
* The Yama Nictrama

RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
* Xochiquetzal, Aztec goddess of chocolate

RACC9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:
* Slowpoke
* Titanium Swordsman

RACC11.  FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING:
* Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #36 'Being There'
* Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #38 'Are You Feeling Lucky, Punks?'

RACC12.  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:
* End Of Month Reviews

BRONZE BOOT:
* Mini Essay: Mars and the Dark Age of Superheroes

---
Saxon Brenton
"Infodumping is a free action for super-heroes, just like monologuing is for
super-villains. It's a class feature."  - ian_karkull, Scans_Daily, 2009