StarFall: 2010 RACCies Eligibles

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:50:41 PST 2011

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 05:17:09 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 03:12:56 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>>
>>> Andrew Perron wrote:

<snip>
>>> Isn't it all Action/Adventure here?
>>
>> Not really.  I mean, look at LL&DD, which is often just plain romance.  Or
>> some issues of Journey Into...  Not to mention the stuff that's basically
>> straight-up comedy with only the merest veneer of action.
>
> I'm willing to let "Action/Adventure" cover all those extremes, because
> shared action/adventure universes cover those extremes too.  The comic
> book wedding of Lois and Clark took place in the same world as Ambush Bug
> comics, after all.  I think.

That's the thing, methinks - universes aren't limited to a single genre.
An excellent essay on this by our own excellent Tom Russell:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.comics.creative/browse_thread/thread/46ee4c4b1de7681c/8b02d80ed32f730c

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Best Sitcom!