REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #83 - November 2010 [spoilers]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 16:01:11 PST 2011

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 23:23:59 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

> Andrew Perron replied on the list of stuff posted in November 2010:
>> Digital JUMP! #6 should be in here, methinks. Even if it didn't show up in
>> Eyrie.
>
> You're right.  I'm currently putting the final touches on the Looniverse
> Eligibles list for the RACCies (to be posted Real Soon Now) and I have
> Digital Jump #6 as being posted on 27 Nov.

Woo aw crap I haven't posted the nominaton ballot yet *flee to write up*

> [On Maximum Frame urge WriMo Special]
>> See, I thought this ending scene was actually *part* of the
>> stroke/hallucination/whatever. It also seemed to be described in dreamy,
>> somewhat disjointed terms.
>
> {nods} I tried to take that into consideration.  Hence all my caveats
> about understanding that nature of the thematic and literal links that 'it
> was all a dream' brings into play.  But I'm afraid I must stand by my
> initial assessment.  While the ending *works*, I still feel that it's
> nowhere near as strong or interesting as the opening.

Fair.  This, I think, is a case of YMMV, especially strong with such an
idiosyncratic story as this.

> There is an element of that.  But also that entry was the last thing
> written in the last few hours before the date at the Eyrie ticked over
> from 31 Dec into Jan 2011.  (Why, yes, I do keep a rough track of when
> it's midnight in the US, since many of the Statesian webcomics update at
> their local midnight, usually in the Aus east coast mid-afternoon when I'm
> still at work).  If I had given myself more time I could probably have
> come up with some angle to discuss ("staring at the typewriter until your
> forehead bleeds" is the phrase that Douglas Adams used, IIRC) but that
> just wasn't possible in this case.

Oh, heck, you came up with something much better than I was able to.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, not a bad review at all.