LNH/ACRA/WRIMO: Anal-Retentive Archive Kid: A Judicious Use Of Overkill #11

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 12:17:23 PST 2011

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 03:15:04 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Honestly, I didn't see *anything* coming.  This is now the second time
> I've assumed the series was over and been proven wrong.

I think the *miniseries* is over, but, as you know, ARAK shows up elsewhere
around the Looniverse; I believe he was most recently in Beige Midnight
#1-4.  This mini is a continuity implant back to... what was it, 2004?

> And here I was, worried that I was inserting a tired old comic book
> trope into a nice healthy Usenet adventure.  (Though I often feel the
> secret love among people who argue in real life...)

Hey, every tired old trope is based on *something* true, even if time and
overuse have warped it beyond recognition.

> I admire ARAK more and more for his perceptions of reality.  None of
> my own characters have advanced to where they realize that justice is
> a farce for at least *some* universes controlled by Higher Powers.

I dunno, I think it's less so than ARAK thinks.  I think he's just the kind
of person who can't disassociate their personal problems from the world's
problems.

> Wyatt Ferguson sympathizes with ARAK in his karmic predicament.  Wyatt
> avoided something much like it earlier this year, but only by not
> acting like a fictional character.

Which one was that, again?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, knows a lot of people like that.