SW10: December 2010 #1: Cauldron Book II, Part 1

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 18:29:02 PST 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 03:18:30 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Summer Morgan and her friends Holly, Liz, and Margaret Jean are superhuman
> agents for the United States. Last month, Summer and Holly dealt with rioters
> and militias in Nashville, Tennessee. Since then, they've all been on station
> there to provide reports on urban unrest.

Woo!

> President Obama dialed in to our briefing today. The President stated, he still
> believes in his policy to let all Americans come to consensus without the
> intervention of national forces. So we had a national summary to cover the
> outcome of that policy among the United States Intelligence Battalion since we
> started our mission.

Interesting.

> I gave the report on Nashville. The rioting ended last month. A group named the
> Nehemiah Covenant has helped quiet things down. Among other things, they've
> publicized a guide to urban survivalist cuisine. People eat stewed nettles here
> now. There's even nettle sauce in our hotel box lunches now. (Back home in
> Seattle, I hear people are eating slugs. God, we're eating weeds and worms like
> North Korea does.)

I'm surprised we haven't heard about places like that going completely
haywire.

> There'd also been a new incursion of the Fine Green Paste (Citation), but it was
> gray now. At least something other than Ellipsis was adjusting to life on our
> famine Earth.

It's the Creep!  The Zerg are invading!  AAAAAAAAAAAA`o`

> That meant, when we saw the car, we'd have legal cause to run the plates and
> detain the driver! That doesn't sound like much, but it's better than nothing.
> Real detective work is boring.

Heh heh heh.  Indeed.

> But then the body next to the grave blurred - and ran at me! Aw, crap, I'd only
> assumed it was a dead body! Instead it was an ambush!

You know, I'd honestly forgotten about the zombie aspect at this point. XD

> I declared the story complete at the previous installment. And it *is* a
> complete story, though admittedly only of novelette length and depth. But I'll
> admit that story has a lot of open ends. So it's time to tie some up. If I do it
> up right, the whole thing could be a novel.

Woo!

> Occasionally I get a visit from a story idea which kicks down the door and
> demands entry. This time, it was a dream about Holly - Story Holly, not Real
> Holly. Obviously the time to continue Holly and Summer's story had come.  I'm
> finally ready to take up the story again, probably four episodes after this,
> hopefully one every two weeks.

Sounds good.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hmmmm hmmmm vast legion...