SW10/HCC: Superhuman World 2011: Zombies vs. Vice-President Corrigan!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:16:10 PST 2011

On Feb 13, 8:18 pm, Scott Eiler <sei... at eilertech.com> wrote:

> The Vice-President's plane, Air Force Two, was a C-130 cargo plane as usual.  If
> it was good enough for paratroopers, it was good enough for Crusher Joe Corrigan.

Woo! *wild applause*

> "They want protein, but don't we all?  And they like scrapple, maybe 'cause it's
> got hog brains in it.  But what they really *need* is salt."
>
> "Why's that?"
>
> "Hell if I know.  Maybe it helps preserve 'em.  But if we give 'em salt, they
> can live on anything else they can find.  They ate all their trees.  Started
> eating ours.  At first we stopped them, 'cause we need our trees for firewood.
> But then *we* needed food, and trees started looking good.  Some of our old
> people got bit by zombies, just so they could eat the trees too."

Innnnnnteresting.  A bit of outright weirdness that makes sense
without having any reason why it should make sense.

> "Our zombies have the right to go anywhere they want!  If zombie curses can
> actually happen, they're a new natural part of life!  Its victims have as much
> right to go anywhere as anyone else does!"

...don't quite get the logic there, but...

> "Whatever.  Courts.  You know that.  Law now."

...this is a great response. XD

> Corrigan looked around at the other soldiers.  Each had lieutenants in command.
>   Each saw Crusher Joe Corrigan, the famous professional wrestler and their
> Vice-President, humiliate their captain.  All stood down.

*Excellent* fight scene.

> ... No, the papers didn't mention the zombie secret.  The best scientists in the
> U.S. government had somehow *not figured out*, the zombies could eat cellulose.
>   If zombies could do that, maybe normal people could figure out how to do that too.

> Vice-President Joseph "Crusher Joe" Corrigan had *said* he was on a fact-finding
> mission when he came out to smash things.  Instead he found facts that might
> help save his nation's people.

And bringing it all together.  Well-done. (Though both this and the
paragraph it references are worded a little... awkwardly.)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, the meaning still comes through,
though.