META/PRECOG/HCC: Re: High concept 17 theme

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Feb 3 23:38:18 PST 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 01:34:28 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> This does lead me to a meta-discussion:  The story for this challenge will
>> be Superhuman World 2011.  But I'm not giving up on Superhuman World 2010
>> yet. Shall I finally abandon tags such as SW10 and SW11, and just call it
>> SW?
>
> I think so!  That way, you can use the SWwhatever as part of the stories
> themselves.

Actually, how about I save the admins some work and just keep calling it
SW10? I like having a number as part of the tag; it looks cool, kind of
like ID4.  And SW10 is when the story really took off in RACC, so it's got
some historical justification.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.