LNH20: LNH20 Comics Presents #5: The Spoon of Destiny Saga Part 5

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:38:18 PST 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:34:25 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> She'd had
> to fight for her life once before she was technically a net.hero

...oh really?  Or do you mean the Peril Room fight?

> He was actually several years younger than her. He
> reminded her a lot of her younger brother--adopted brother, she
> reminded herself--a worryingly dedicated otaku who had actually turned
> down the one girl desperate enough to ask him out to a dance because
> he didn't want to cheat on Rei Ayanami.

Ooooh, backstory.

> "Do you think to mock me? I am no longer the weakling who you once
> fought. For now I wield a power beyond all comprehension... the power
> of THE OTACUBE!" He held up the device in his hand, pulsing with
> uncanny energies.

Gasp!!

> "Ninja? Bah! How dare you call yourself a ninja? Your costume is too
> dark and you're not even wearing a headband! I'll bet you can't even
> turn into a log!"
>
> "That series is a disgrace to all ninja! You will pay!" shouted
> Ultimate Mercenary, who lobbed a smoke grenade at the Otakaiser.

Y'know, I missed this ref the first time around. XD

> "Kid
> Enthusiastic, what--" But he was dead. Except he wasn't, he was
> fighting the Otakaiser. Except he was standing beside her.
>
> He started fiddling with a device built into his wristband. "Temporal
> stabilizer. That should keep us safe for a while.

Woo!  Competence!

> Anyway, I figure
> it's that 'Otacube.' Death must have taken that knowledge from my mind
> without me noticing.

Wait, where's Death come in here?

> Nerf Girl gasped. The Retcon Balls were ancient artifacts of
> unimaginable mystical power. Assembled in one place, they would give
> their wielder a chance to retcon one aspect of history, but even one
> of them could be dangerous in the hands of someone with the right
> technology.

Mwahahaha, nice.

> Doc Nostalgia, now unwounded, picked up Nudist Man--which made him
> rather uncomfortable--and threw him at the Otakaiser, Fastball Special
> style.

Fast balls? *pummeled*

> Then Nerf Girl leaped at him with
> the phone.thingy in her hand. The Otakaiser's jaw dropped, his eyes
> briefly popped out of his face, and his nose started bleeding
> profusely.

*cackles* Excellent stratagem.

> And there have got to be
> some kind of regulations about using something like the Retcon Balls,
> right?"
>
> "Indeed," said Death, as Kid Enthusiastic once more returned to life.

Makes sense!

> I think you can basically mess up time and reality as much as
> you want for mystical tournaments, so the gods of his home will
> probably come in and bail him out soon. But it should keep him for a
> while."

Wonder how much it costs to be bailed out of mystical spirit lockup.

> "But time's still acting up," said Doc Nostalgia. "See?" A passerby,
> who hadn't seemed to notice the net.hero fight, was walking across the
> street. A car swerved to avoid the net.heroes and slammed into him.
> Then he was on the other side and nothing had happened.

Dangit, Rose Tyler.

> "Shut up you crazy broad! What kind of archvillain would I be if I
> didn't talk to myself on occasion, huh?"

Heeheehee crazy broad.

> More
> specifically, it was a zombie version of Chuck Norris. He must have
> been summoned by Lord @zrael, the dreaded @lantean necromancer, using
> the Necromemicon, the Book of Dead Memes.

> "Dramatic pause," Andrea read from the ticker-tape. "Oh wait. I
> mean..." She stood still for a second and tried to look appropriately
> dramatic. "Just as planned. Muahahahahaha!"

> She was young and seemingly frail, with bright golden hair and shining
> blue eyes. A mocking smile lit up her cherry-red lips. In her right
> hand she bore a rose.
>
> She was of middle years, tall and proud and full-figured. Some grey
> had entered her hair. Her face was set with determination. In her
> right hand she bore a Horn of Plenty.
>
> She was old, indeed ancient. Her hands were clawlike and withered but
> her grip seemed no less strong for that. Andrea was thankful she
> couldn't see her face. In her right hand she bore a scythe.

So awesome <3 <3 <3

> The phone.thingy is the slightly more advanced Looniverse-20
> equivalent of the iPhone. By now some of the Mr. Thingy's more low-
> level technology has made it into the mainstream after the fall of the
> Killfile, including the phone.thingy, which is based on the Net.tastic
> Nine communicators. The world is still struggling to assimilate more
> advanced hypertech, however. The Legion's version of the phone.thingy--
> which Sigrid hasn't been given yet--is more advanced still.

Makes sense!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, off to family's.