Starfall: Spellbinder #4

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:40:20 PST 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:42:22 +0000 (UTC), William Strickland wrote:

> Okay, put out a response a few days ago, but it never showed so I'm
> going to try again.

Hate that. >:/

> On Dec 17, 10:59 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Who will be... The Next Pantheon Godhead!?
>
> Athena: "Zeus? You're fired."
>
>> But can she say that three times fast!?
>
> Yes, actually, she can. Tongue-twisters are great practice for spell
> incantations, and vice versa.

Peter Piper pilfered precious phylacteries from Pluto's pernicious pile!

>> Feckless!?
>
> By the standards of a god who used to destroy worlds in piques of
> rage, and had an entire empire that would go to war for the soul
> purposes of bringing back people so they could feed their hearts to
> him? Yeah, you betcha.

Well, yeah, I was doing the "get offended at the least offensive part"
thing.

>> That old trick again!?
>
> Hey, it's worked in DC, Marvel, and Wildstorm - apparently there's
> something to it. That said, the heroes of the Starfall verse are a bit
> more savvy than those guys...

Thank goodness.

>> I'd do a "Born This Way" parody here, but I'm not that familiar with her
>> music.  Anyone else want to step up to bat?
>
> ...I just might, if for no other reason than, now that the song's been
> mentioned, it will be hours before I can exorcise it from my head.

*cackles*

> However, if they eat something that *isn't* what they used to be,
> the process of decomposition actually *speeds up* instead.

...oooooooooh, interesting.

*giggles* D'awwww. <3

>> ...see, it's the word "kill" that's problematic...
>
> I'm glad someone noticed it. >:)
> But then, the Knight does comment on the 'jagged edges' in her mind.
> Chel does still have some issues to work through. Fortunately, I'm not
> the sort to leave issues unresolved, as that's one of my big pet
> peeves.

Damn you, '90s X-Men!

>> Interesting!  Has he been mentioned before?
>
> Nope. This is the introduction of the Knight of Cydonia, but he's a
> character I plan to use more in the future. Not necessarily in Spellbinder
> - he and Chel won't travel in similar circles very often - but I do plan
> to write a series for him. He's a character with a lot of untapped
> potential, and if I'm honest the main reason I even came up with him is
> all the untapped (some might say 'wasted') potential in the characters
> that inspired him.

I look forward to it!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Martian Manhunter, Martian Manhunter,
does whatever a... martian... can... bunter?