META: RACC Con (Re: REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #88-95: Index)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Dec 17 00:14:43 PST 2011

On 12/16/2011 8:03 AM, Tom Russell wrote:
> On Dec 15, 6:28 pm, EDMLite<robroger... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Speaking of this (RACC-Con, not the killing, enervating and wearing
>> of Saxon Brenton, which really deserves to be its own thread)...
>>
>> ...are folks still up for getting together in 2012?
>
> Money has gotten awfully tight for me and the missus since last this
> topic was broached.  But, put me down, tentatively, for a "Yes", said
> Yes being contingent on us finding a briefcase full of money between
> now and then.

I'm in good financial shape to travel practically anywhere next year;
San Francisco would be almost trivial.  And I have a T-shirt which I do
not plan to wear until I can meet someone from RACC.  (You won't know
it's me until you see me in this T-shirt.)

Among us I am probably in the best position to help travelers.
(Possibly the *only* position.)  I'm not going to toss out a briefcase
full of money, but I will make an offer:  $100 in paid hotel for each
person who has posted a story on RACC in the last year and who travels
to RACC Con from outside whatever metro area we choose to meet in.  For
those of you who are rooming with friends, I'll offer airline, train, or
gas gift cards instead.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.