MISC: La Femme Fantastique

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 07:00:24 PST 2011

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 02:00:35 +0000 (UTC), Phantasm wrote:

> 	"I don't think so."  His ring started pulsing rapidly; in her
> weakened state, Femme Fantastique couldn't keep her eyes off it.
> "Come with me, my pet, while we discuss your *new* role in the world."

For a bit there, I was really afraid this was going off in a creepy
direction.

> 	The camera pulled back, to show Le Soeurs Fantastique dressed
> regally, crowns upon their brows.  La Femme Fantastique held the
> ousted President of the (now-dissolved) Republic of France by the
> neck.  "This man resisted arrest when the monarchy was restored,
> refusing to relinquish his power.  And as my first act as
> Queen. . . ."

...wow.  Now that's some brainwashing.

> 	In essense, StarFall is meant to be, on average, *lighthearted*
> stuff, where the people trust their superheroes, much like DC before
> Flashpoint.  I suppose I've been reading too much Garth Ennis's _The
> Boys_ lately, and it came out in this issue.  We don't have anything
> against upsetting the status quo in other ways, but this would
> basically start turning StarFall into a setting where the heroes were
> hated and feared for being more powerful . . . so we decided this tale
> is best left as a non-StarFall title.

Hmmmmm, fair enough.  Anyway, good story.  My only quibble is that it
really feels like it's setting up something further - is there anything
else planned to continue on from this?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, replying day~