SW10/HCC: Powernaut 1941: Who Is Le Résistant?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Dec 11 18:48:15 PST 2011

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1941.htm#8

... Well, that's it.  This concludes my 1941 series and my response to
High Concept Challenge.  I can now shift to sending out Christmas cards.
  Probably with links to my new Web comic.

I can also now share author's notes...

I learned cartooning much the same way I learned writing, if I can be
said to have learned either of those things. No competent person was
there to do it for me, so I did it myself.

I've cut many corners in this cartoon. The Germans all wear uniforms.
The French all look like mimes. But that fits the spirit of 1941 comics.
And I hope I've explained why Superman couldn't just go beat up Hitler
and win the war.

In many respects, France is like America's weird uncle who'll just do
whatever he wants anyway. I can sympathize with that. And here it is my
pleasure to note: People who consider the French to be cheese-eating
surrender monkeys, forget about the French Resistance. I was pleased
when in Marvel Comics, Captain America didn't forget. Neither shall the
Powernaut.

(signed) Scott Eiler, 11 Dec 2011.

--

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.