LNH20/Meta: the silver and bronze ages

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:47:51 PST 2011

quoth Andrew Perron as of Fri, 02 Dec 2011 18:45:27 +0000:
> On Dec 2, 4:56 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1959: The first proper computer network is demonstrated. Inspired by
>> the concept, the premier heroes of the US East Coast, West Coast, Great
>> Britain, France, and Japan get together for mutual support, creating
>> the second-ever supergroup, The Network. Soon a few more heroes join.
>
> Interesting!  Both the "inspired by science" and "model UN" aspects of
> it are very suited to the time period.

Also, my choice of countries is based on who was doing superhero/sci-fi/
adventure comics in the silver age period. At least the ones that had
wide influence later... the logic being that, in a League of
Extraordinary Gentlemen way, those comics are mainly set in the country
in which they were written, and if our world is a patchwork of shadows,
pastiches, and echoes of all those, then these are the countries that
would see the most net.men popping up.

-- Lalo “metalinguistic” Martins