LNH20/Meta: the silver and bronze ages

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Fri Dec 2 11:07:13 PST 2011

In article <12a27e98-6b22-4951-af1a-a7925dd5a15a at f35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Andrew Perron  <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2002: The Killfile.
>
>I think I would've put this a bit earlier, both to give the world more
>time to adapt to it as the status quo and to reflect the beginning of
>the Modern Age (whose beginning is disputed, but whose latest possible
>beginning date has gotta be October 2000, with UItimate Spider-Man
>#1).

     I suggest late 1999.  Two reasons: one, it can also be sold to the
public as part of a defense against the Y2K Bug; two, it's when Dvandom Force
ended.  So, if Sig.Lad's team is seen as the echo of the "old LNH", then the
time when I stopped actively writing LNH stories would be a good point to end
that era in LNH20.

     Dave Van Domelen, spending his final lecture in one of his courses this
semester on aeschatology.