LNH20/Meta: the silver and bronze ages

Adrian James McClure lord_soldeed at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 11:04:57 PST 2011

This is pretty neat. I do like Dvandom's history of Netropolis from
Acton Lord #0 too, though.

On Dec 2, 1:45 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 2, 4:56 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 1962: The Network investigates stories about a town that seems to
> > occasionally pop up in various places in the US. They find the town, and
> > its resident hero, Google.mesh, locked in a ages-spanning battle with the
> > tyrant ApocaLISP. The (somewhat jaded) residents call it only The Village.

The Four Horseman of the ApocaLISP: Flamewar (effectively the LNH20
version of OMAR), Virus (the LNH20 version of Melissa), Lag (not
officially a new version of Lagneto), and Spam (a gigantic Validus-
like being made out of actual spam).

> I think I would've put this a bit earlier, both to give the world more
> time to adapt to it as the status quo and to reflect the beginning of
> the Modern Age (whose beginning is disputed, but whose latest possible
> beginning date has gotta be October 2000, with UItimate Spider-Man
> #1).

Could be as early as 1998, the year that saw WildCATS/Aliens (where
the original Stormwatch died and its remnant formed the Authority),
the first issue of Planetary, and the first issue of Saviors of the
Net.