SW10: Summer of Discontent #1: The Plan

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Aug 27 19:23:06 PDT 2011

On 8/27/2011 8:51 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:58:02 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

>>> But it says up there this is #2!
>>
>> Hmm, I'm going to need a flowchart to explain my thinking here.  I
>> consider "The Plan" to be Part 1 of one thread, and "2014" to be Part 1
>> of another.  Or shall I just say "Oops" and say 2014 is Part 1 and The
>> Plan is Part 2?
>
> You could give them different titles?

Done!  At least going forward.  Please now read this story as "Summer of
Discontent #1", and 2014 as "Time Bounce #1".

>>> ...teleporting the planet into Ultimate Darkness seems like a bad thing.
>>
>> Yeah, well, it's the best solution around since *someone* had to go and
>> squander his ultimate power.  The Bride can usually get the Darkness to
>> behave around visitors whom she sponsors.
>
> Taking its feet off the coffee table, putting its cans in the recycling,
> wearing a shirt without any holes or stains...
>
> Hm.  I'm wondering if, even if the Darkness is kept on a leash, something
> might happen like when R'lyeh rises in The Call of Cthulhu...

Heh.  I'm behind on my Cthulhu Mythos, though I know R'lyeh rising is a
bad thing.

But thanks for the comments, Andrew.  I've revised this story
accordingly at:

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/page.php?fn=discontent1.txt

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.