SW10: Summer of Discontent #2: The Plan

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:51:39 PDT 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:58:02 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 8/24/2011 5:04 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 22:52:05 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>>
>>> The Summer of Discontent
>>> Part 1:  The Plan
>>
>> But it says up there this is #2!
>
> Hmm, I'm going to need a flowchart to explain my thinking here.  I
> consider "The Plan" to be Part 1 of one thread, and "2014" to be Part 1
> of another.  Or shall I just say "Oops" and say 2014 is Part 1 and The
> Plan is Part 2?

You could give them different titles?

>>> Coincidentally, the plague started in Eurasia after the aliens landed.
>>> To speak more of aliens...
>>
>> Yes.  This is totally coincidental and not at all something we need to
>> establish so we can tie them together.
>
> Expository dialog!  Expository dialog!  Wondrous friend of the reader!  8{D>

People try to make us sweat (Talkin' 'bout my exposition)
They say "Your plots, we didn't get" (Talkin' 'bout my exposition)
Hey!  Read the words runnin' through my scripts (Talkin' 'bout my
exposition)
It ain't for my health they're flappin' their lips! (Talkin' 'bout my
exposition)

*chorus*

>> ...teleporting the planet into Ultimate Darkness seems like a bad thing.
>
> Yeah, well, it's the best solution around since *someone* had to go and
> squander his ultimate power.  The Bride can usually get the Darkness to
> behave around visitors whom she sponsors.

Taking its feet off the coffee table, putting its cans in the recycling,
wearing a shirt without any holes or stains...

Hm.  I'm wondering if, even if the Darkness is kept on a leash, something
might happen like when R'lyeh rises in The Call of Cthulhu...

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, respond to the newsgroup on time...