[LNH] Host of Net.Libertines #1

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 05:13:14 PDT 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:45:24 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> He looked at the adult, a tall bald man in wide wrap-around shades that
> swam with oil-slick colours. He seemed to be dressed in an astronaut's
> suit, complete with a huge black-visored helmut tucked under one arm. But
> the suit was all wrong, made of words and sentences and metaphors rather
> than sensible materials.

Oooooooh.  How Grant-Morrison-Doom-Patrol.

> "You two, you're visiting?" asked the bicyclist as he counted out the change.
>
> "Yes!" answered the boy proudly, trying his best to tear open the popsicle
> wrapping. "This is our first time in Net.ropolis! My name is Billy. This is
> Grant."

...hm. o.o

> Billy jogged over to a nearby bench and sat down, taking a moment to make
> whooshing-zooming actions with his popsicle before jamming it into his
> mouth.

Man.  Can't wait 'til this kid meets Kid Enthusiastic.

> The head of the grizzled man turned slightly, his mean grey eyes looking
> over his shoulder to the sound.
>
> "Excuse me. Sorry. I'm looking for someone called," Billy checked his
> popsicle stick, "the Ultimate Cowboy?"

Hah!  Of course. <3 Makes a lot more sense than pirates, especially as the
tropes of westerns and jidaigeki overlap a lot more (see everything
Kurosawa did).

> He marched over to the bar, laying the gun atop it. Reaching into his coat,
> he pulls out paper and fixings, rolling a cigarette. The bartender almost
> headed over to serve him, but a murderous stare changed his mind.

Got some switching between past and present tense there.

> The cowboy licked the paper closed and put the cigarette in his mouth. "I
> know you," he said flatly to the astronaut, "Or rather, I have heard of yer
> kind. You are a Fictionaut.

Ah! XD I see.

> I have met one like you a long time ago, under far sunnier skies." He
> snorted. "We did not take well to one another."

Eeeeeeeeeenteresting.

> "I heard yer offer, boy, but I did not agree to it."
>
> "But... you have to! I bought a popsicle and everything!"

D'awwww!

> Also, though I want it to run alongside Super Wizard (in an attempt to
> write more weekly), don't be surprised if it's schedule gets sporadic at
> best :)

You are an inspiration. @.@ Must be more productive...

Also, I've been looking at your experiment with a lack of line wrap.  I
still think it's too wide - especially on my widescreen monitor - but I'm
pondering extending mine out to, say, 160 characters.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, what do you think, sirs?